• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Jalapeño July

I have a chance at overnight/am tstorms! We get so many afternoon storms, this should be awesome!
These storms will probably happen, but not for us. Up on the highway 11 corridor and into the area south of Asheville NC it'll be another story. The closer to the mountains you are tonight the better the chance for rain.

I think Friday holds good potential for us. You have a decent jet nosing in, divergence aloft, 850 mb trough to the west, plenty of shortwave energy to provide a focus, pwats increasing.

The negatives are they potential for morning clouds to crap out instability, the surface trough to out run tnt dynamics leaving us with meh on the instability front.

As you said though if areas miss out its probably Thursday of next week before rain chances go back up

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
20% chance this afternoon , 20% tomorrow afternoon, then dry for 10+ days! :(
The best goes on, sadly!

GSP still rocking a 60 percent chance for tomorrow !!!!
713fa22dc75cc8108a347cf2110de949.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Cash out now!
Did you see that forecast for today that storm posted! Lol! Less than a .10 of rain expected!
His forecast probably goes like this: scattered afternoon storms expected. 3-5" of rain , with locally higher amounts possible, at the bowling alley! :)
That bowling alley was on TWC this AM!

Cash out now!
Did you see that forecast for today that storm posted! Lol! Less than a .10 of rain expected!
His forecast probably goes like this: scattered afternoon storms expected. 3-5" of rain , with locally higher amounts possible, at the bowling alley! :)
That bowling alley was on TWC this AM!
you forgot " water rescues might be required " lol

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Im curious about this aftn

Yeah maybe, sbcape is increasing but pwat still only meager but I guess that is forecast to increase.... I know the hrrr isn't too impress with the stuff up in W Va. holding together. You think it makes it or possible new development overnight from outflow boundaries?

Yeah maybe, sbcape is increasing but pwat still only meager but I guess that is forecast to increase.... I know the hrrr isn't too impress with the stuff up in W Va. holding together. You think it makes it or possible new development overnight from outflow boundaries?

Yeah i think blue ridge storms move eastward along a outflow boundary

Yeah i think blue ridge storms move eastward along a outflow boundary

GSP says they won't even make it to the Piedmont of NC, as of their 10:30 update! Says I'm not looking great , either for this afternoon!

I wonder if its ever been that cold in the afternoon in July in Raleigh ?
Yes although a high of 63 would I believe tie the all time coolest max for July but high's in the 60's have happened a number of times.... I personally think that is overdone but hey low to mid 70's would be sweet as well

Back