• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2017 Discussion

SD link said:
We will be rolling into a new year and month soon. The GFS gives us hope, the rest of the modeling says "lol yeah, no"

Will we get to see this guy during January?
rl0FOxdz7CcxO.gif

or will we all look like this by the end of January
tpwwhv1BLd31e.gif

I hope the SE ridge doesn't bounce back all month
rXkRho0In0AiA.gif

Perhaps the SE ridge can be defeated by this guy
14aa47xQk6rIEo.gif

I'm hoping for some Hammer time.

stop-hammer-time-o-gif.45839
/

You can't depend on the models past five days. All the indicies and patterns that people looked at from the past to give us a good chance at winter storms don't seem to apply here anymore. As long as temps stay normal and we still get some shots of below normal then we still have a chance at getting a winter storm. That's about all you can say for winter here. As long as we don't go way above normal and things stay active, we should have just as good of a chance as any other time to get a storm here. I think we score at least one good one in January.

Give them 12 hours and the models will change again. No need for doom and gloom yet. I'll take 3, 9, and 17.

585eb8a06de65_ScreenShot2016-12-24at1_03_40PM.png.ae2e9989ae5c8f2bd832a6dd365a9bbd.png

The EPS MJO prog has shifted. Instead of going toward the left side of the circle, it now has it going near the middle of the circle. That's not a bad place (as in favoring SE warmth; it still has averaged out a little colder than normal), but it isn't the most favorable left side of circle, which has on average been the coldest.

Another thing: the models have obviously recently been strongly cold biased in the SE US, especially the GFS/GEFS. Be wary of this as we go forward and hope for cold so as to prevent disappointments.

Re: January 2017 Discussion

Holy hell the euro gets block happy this run.....Goes along with the gefs which was block happy as well. Ridge bridge for the win!!
8163d6a5aec4f163da88d036ab1e90e4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Storm5 link said:
Holy hell the euro gets block happy this run.....Goes along with the gefs which was block happy as well. Ridge bridge for the win!!

And a little +PNA?? Looking juicy! A Christmas miracle!

Storm5 link said:

Yeah baby! yeah! HAHA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SD link said:
Lol merry Christmas from the euro

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
we must have been really good this year, it totally obliterated the southeast ridge

Storm5 link said:
[quote author=SD link=topic=60.msg3267#msg3267 date=1482607528]

we must have been really good this year, it totally obliterated the southeast ridge

[/quote]
So be good for goodness sake

SD link said:
[quote author=Storm5 link=topic=60.msg3269#msg3269 date=1482608753]
[quote author=SD link=topic=60.msg3267#msg3267 date=1482607528]

[/quote]
So be good for goodness sake

[/quote]
Waiting on Euro ensembles to play Grinch!?
Somebody more tech savvy than I, see if you can get Bigstick profile pic into JBs bathtub!!?

That's why I don't get the doom and gloom. The models keep changing day to day. Tells me things are pretty active, and as long as that happens there is a chance of scoring a good winter storm. Can't help but like what the Euro and GFS ensembles are showing.

haha merry christmas from the euro control . widespread SE winter Storm after new years.....To bad the Control sucks

wanna know why the euro went merry Christmas on us??? Cause it's long range sucks!!!!! Just above the CMC and BEHIND THE GFS in the 6-10 day period. Yes BEHIND THE GFS !! Holy hell. No denying that the EPS is the king of all extended guidance 
54461048fba0a574f9139ad9886ed2b1.jpg

Well, hopefully the Euro is onto something this time. The GFS ensembles were showing the same idea.

12z eps supports the general idea of blocking that the euro had. It's weaker but the blocking idea has merit . Gonna need some ridging help out west or a well timed vort

Storm5 link said:
12z eps supports the general idea of blocking that the euro had. It's weaker but the blocking idea has merit . Gonna need some ridging help out west or a well timed vort

Ain't nothing but a thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back