• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
ForsythSnow said:
Storm5 said:
no one wants to talk about late next weekend for areas to our west.

ice storm city
c532c3bcd08f8c2ada6a5a73d87a168f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I was going to upload an image of the ice they are showing, then saw the site was back up, then forgot. Here it is.
zr_acc.us_ov.png

Worst spot is 1.8" of ice. Imagine if that played out as even half.

What is more impressive are the temps and the high behind that. The 18Z GFS has a 1053 high in the Midwest, with -30 temps.
Ok, I will say it........ WTH with a OMG!!

VegasEagle said:
ForsythSnow said:
Storm5 said:
no one wants to talk about late next weekend for areas to our west.

ice storm city
c532c3bcd08f8c2ada6a5a73d87a168f.jpg

I was going to upload an image of the ice they are showing, then saw the site was back up, then forgot. Here it is.
zr_acc.us_ov.png

What is more impressive are the temps and the high behind that. The 18Z GFS has a 1053 high in the Midwest, with -30 temps.
What is crazier is a 1050 high is also in New England, and precip in CAD areas on the 16th. With those cold temps in Canada and the Midwest, CAD areas would see icing.

could also be a severe risk and a flood risk next weekend across parts of the region

ForsythSnow said:
Going to be a bitter night tonight across the east coast. Wind chill advisory down in Southern Florida, and a freeze to Ocala, Florida area.

I wonder if we can reach 9 tonight. I think winds might stay up just enough to keep that from happening though. 22.0/7 here

NWCummingWx said:
ForsythSnow said:
Going to be a bitter night tonight across the east coast. Wind chill advisory down in Southern Florida, and a freeze to Ocala, Florida area.

I wonder if we can reach 9 tonight. I think winds might stay up just enough to keep that from happening though. 22.0/7 here

I think we have a chance at making it to single digits, since forecasts sometimes get colder than expected.

ForsythSnow said:
VegasEagle said:
ForsythSnow said:
zr_acc.us_ov.png

What is crazier is a 1050 high is also in New England, and precip in CAD areas on the 16th. With those cold temps in Canada and the Midwest, CAD areas would see icing.

Well, it will watch very well here! I might need to get some firewood.

tennessee storm said:
if the 12z euro is correct... severe weather will have to be watched for end next week for midsouth and parts of Dixie...
Yeah looks like an active period no doubt

IF the 18z GFS is correct say goodbye to Memphis. This is all ice/sleet.

I really want to get excited about the period around the 20th. I just don't think there will be enough cold air around though

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

SD said:
I really want to get excited about the period around the 20th. I just don't think there will be enough cold air around though

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Well, the Para GFS shows something interesting. 300 hours out though.
gfsp_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_45.png

Although that was one Model run of the GFS, does it have any weight from a Pattern perspective? Heaven knows that looks like February 1994. Talk about a Winter Storm!

NWMSGuy said:
Although that was one Model run of the GFS, does it have any weight from a Pattern perspective? Heaven knows that looks like February 1994. Talk about a Winter Storm!

Also appears the Para is picking up on it.

NWMSGuy said:

dont ever mention feb 1994. Lol. that was the worst thing i ever saw

JLL1973 said:
NWMSGuy said:

dont ever mention feb 1994. Lol. that was the worst thing i ever saw

Lol. It was the worst. Mild temperatures before hand and then all hell broke loose.

NWCummingWx said:
ForsythSnow said:

Already down to 18.2 here. Wind is still blowing a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back