• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June 29-July 2 Heat Wave

and there was a strong MCS on the afternoon and evening of the 1st. I had a big oak tree get uprooted and crushed our deck
That was one of the most unstable days we have had. One AFD compared it to throwing a lighted match into a can of gasoline. The storm we got went from nothing to a monster in about 30 minutes.

That was one of the most unstable days we have had. One AFD compared it to throwing a lighted match into a can of gasoline. The storm we got went from nothing to a monster in about 30 minutes.
Yes and it really wasn’t forecasted until that morning and even then I think only 20 or 30% chance was put in. It was by 12z models that you looked and saw what was coming. The temperature at my house dropped from 103 to 76 in about 20 minutes which is the fastest temperature drop I’ve ever witnessed

Depending on how any convection or remnant MCS’s play out overnight into tomorrow morning I wouldn’t be surprised to see forecast highs here bust tomorrow. FFC has a high of 97 for tomorrow in my area right now

True. Were actually behind last year on first 100

Last year was pretty close to the ceiling, so it would be quite a feat to top it.

That said, for Dallas, there's only been 16 other Summers on record with 6 100*F+ days before July 1st.

Last edited:
Atlanta up to 88 as of noon. But clouds and ultimately rain moving in, so that may be the high today. A far cry from the 96-98 that’s been forecast all week but I’m thankful!
AEF232B1-A62B-4071-AA6A-5AE87565AA29.jpeg

Back