• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Maria

Gfs is really bridging the NE and atlantic ridges but the ghost of Jose might be enough to still steer Maria ots

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The increase in EPS spread isn't that surprising given the models continue to back down on the intensity of Jose in the longer term and thus are breaking down the steering currents over Maria after day 4. This is why we needed to wait until about Friday or so before feeling confident about an OTS route and confidence is degrading once more

The increase in EPS spread isn't that surprising given the models continue to back down on the intensity of Jose in the longer term and thus are breaking down the steering currents over Maria after day 4. This is why we needed to wait until about Friday or so before feeling confident about an OTS route and confidence is degrading once more
Now that got my attention lol

What a tough forecast to be honest, conventional wisdom says OTS, but there is some real possibilities of this getting closer and closer to the coast.

What a tough forecast to be honest, conventional wisdom says OTS, but there is some real possibilities of this getting closer and closer to the coast.
The slower it gets, the higher the chance of a curve toward land it seems. The NAVGEM illustrates that perfectly. Also... Yikes.
recon_AF305-1315A-MARIA_dropsonde4_20170922-0121.png

Maria's direction has yet to really change it seems. May affect more islands that we thought. Also, seeing the strength jump was a surprise. I bet we see a cat 4 at 11 with that strength, or a strengthening storm.

Maria also seems to be remaining well south of the NHC's forecast path, and is wobbling immensely.

I know it's the NAM but @54 Jose basically gone, ridge building and there is that ull in the SE... something to watch
6ccecbb0c164f4aed2e77c1d4c187caf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LOL the CMC is hilarious

Maria is moving north fine til Tuesday like the other models, then it stalls, and turns SW into NC before then recurving NE back over the Outer Banks...

Can't make this stuff up

14ul2zk.gif

Last edited:
Also keep in mind if somehow or another Maria were to turn into the coast she would probably be a minimum hurricane at best nothing like the monster she wants was.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back