• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Microwave March

Ok first off how you do know what would transpire given there would actually be a storm a week-10 days out from now? You don't and neither do I... I'm certainly interested to know how you came to the conclusion that if we had a storm we'd see "wintry weather at the onset that changes to liquid precipitation except in the mountains". Simple fact of the matter is you (or I) don't know this either, so even making a statement like this is textbook wish casting, whether you will ever realize it or not. I'm beating a dead horse here but simply regurgitating what the models are showing a week or more out is not, i repeat NOT weather forecasting. Anybody can do that... It's not my fault you've "walked away" from the forum several times in the past month and get butt hurt every time someone disagrees with you and/or calls you out on something.

Okay, and.... are you done yet? Did I say that, when I interpret the models is weather forecasting? No. Don't you get when you have a suppressed look on the model(s) at this range, that, it could mean that there could be a weather system coming up from the south? I said that there could be winter weather at the onset cause it will be in March. We're not in the heart of winter anymore. We don't know if rather or not there will be a soild cold air mass in place or not, that's why I said that. FYI, I'm not worried about the past month by the way.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Okay, and.... are you done yet? Did I say that, when I interpret the models is weather forecasting? No. Don't you get when you have a suppressed look on the model(s) at this range, that, it could mean that there could be a weather system coming up from the south? I said that there could be winter weather at the onset cause it will be in March. We're not in the heart of winter anymore. We don't know if rather or not there will be a soild cold air mass in place or not, that's why I said that. FYI, I'm not worried about the past month by the way.

As I said above for both of y'all, let's drop it and be peaceful. :)
Don't upset the great and all powerful Webber! :(
No need for that comment. It's just an agitator.

If I am being too much of a moderator, feel free to tell me so. I am just wanting peace here. :)

Oh, everything is all cool with me. I don't know why I get attacked by bees here but whatever.

Latest EPS has the trough setting up way too far to the East in the long range. Ugh. We can't catch a break this winter.

Latest EPS has the trough setting up way too far to the East in the long range. Ugh. We can't catch a break this winter.
Well, that's the story of this winter. I say enough of the chances of cold air, and onto spring. After all, it's already here. As long as the GFS shows something though, I won't exactly give up, even though I am putting more on the Euro being right.

Ok first off how you do know what would transpire given there would actually be a storm a week-10 days out from now? You don't and neither do I... I'm certainly interested to know how you came to the conclusion that if we had a storm we'd see "wintry weather at the onset that changes to liquid precipitation except in the mountains". Simple fact of the matter is you (or I) don't know this either, so even making a statement like this is textbook wish casting, whether you will ever realize it or not. I'm beating a dead horse here but simply regurgitating what the models are showing a week or more out is not, i repeat NOT weather forecasting. Anybody can do that... It's not my fault you've "walked away" from the forum several times in the past month and get butt hurt every time someone disagrees with you and/or calls you out on something.

With all due respect maybe you two should get your own private thread to hash this out. It's getting old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With all due respect maybe you two should get your own private thread to hash this out. It's getting old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I blocked him, so a private thread wouldn't do any good. Some people need to learn how to stop trying to run the show, trying to be the "big boss". Also, I like to earn leadership, not just here, it could be anywhere. And when someone runs me over, I don't appreciate that. I run a Facebook weather page, I'm the leader of that page. Someone don't need to think their the big show when I have leadership of my own.

Edit: it's over, no more drama, let's go back on topic.

Meant to post this earlier... Here's an often forgotten beauty from around this date in late February 1937 and serves as another reminder how much this winter has sucked :p Interesting how most of these big dogs that were centered in/around RDU (aside from Jan 2000, and Jan 2002) occurred before the modern era lol.
February 27-28 1937 NC Snowmap.png

Now this is a look we wish we had, but too bad it's in fantasy land.
gfs_z500a_namer_47.png

IMO, this would be a great way to end the winter season. Late Feb 1937 was a classic Miller A track for the Carolinas and SE US, and best part is it went way OTS thereafter & completely jipped the mid-atlantic and New England. Nothing would make me happier...
1937022818.gif

IMO, this would be a great way to end the winter season. Late Feb 1937 was a classic Miller A track for the Carolinas and SE US, and best part is it went way OTS thereafter & completely jipped the mid-atlantic and New England. Nothing would make me happier...
View attachment 238
Lol, I would have to say that our window may be small, but there is a little hope left. If the Euro came on board with what the GFS is showing, maybe we could get excited, but seeing all these fantasy storms that the GFS hasn't put out all winter has to excite some. Shoot, it may even bring Brick out.

Back