• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November Knock-Out

So, ugh ... but then again ...

Screen_Shot_2017-11-21_at_7.11.38_PM.png

Lol no "ugh" needed... that was great information and every time I read your post I learn more and more. I love giving the teacher an opportunity to educate us students

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Haha no problem! Yeah the ugh wasn't directed towards you but more so those who already have degrees (& have published papers on similar topics for crying out loud) and should know the information I just presented but apparently either chose to ignore or forget it...

It appears that a pattern shift is coming for early December. Not a major pattern shift, but it will be a shift. As of now, the pattern is somewhat zonal, a few systems moving from west to east for the rest of the month across the nation. The somewhat zonal flow will continue into the last days of this month into early December. However, the western ridge will be over the east at some point in early December. Whenever it comes to the time the ridge is over the east, troughs will be digging down in the southwestern US cutting across the Plains and than the Mid-West. What does that mean for us in the SE? More cold fronts, chance at severe weather goes up, quick shots at rainfall and shots at cold weather. Sometimes low pressure systems will come up from the south along the frontal boundary from the cutter as cold air is filtering in from the NW. That will be something to watch out for.

-AO peak was yesterday's rather impressive -3.5! Sub -3 in Nov happens only once in about I forgot how many years lol,
I think I remember Don from the other board mentioning how a huge -AO has a better chance to repeat as we go through the colder months. Should be interesting.

I would say put this guy in the pit of misery, but Carolina's football season has already done that.
A Clemson loss Saturday, would help to ease the pain of football season, and this sucky pattern we are in!

Generally, looking out at 2 weeks, from the GFS ensembles at 12Z it appears the model wants us near climo for a while; beats the heck out of a Hades outlook like last year ...

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/ENSTDEP2WIDE_12z/tloop.html
I’ll take near climo all the way till January. Heck if February can get below normal I’ll wait till then if need be. It was just 2 winters ago that seemed the season was doomed as we entered the first week of February. But starting on February 16th we preceded to get multiple snow and ice storms and some bone chilling cold. The last half of February alone more then made up for the 3 quarters of a junk winter. But as a bonus we ended up with 3-5 inches of snow the first week of March! I guess I’m posting this to be positive in case we still haven’t got the goods by mid January. In fact more often then not February has been the best month for snow in the 11 years I’ve lived in Tennessee.

Well, as everyone gets ready for Thanksgiving, here's wishing all the very best!
Please be thankful for your blessings this year, even if it didn't snow in your back yard!
As for me, I'm getting ready to cook, and in so doing, would like to share a thought (and a pic is always worth a 1000 words) ...

large.jpg

Back