• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November Knock-Out

Just being curious .. if any of y all that are much more knowledgeable than I.. what was the winter of 72/73 ... This was the one that gave ATL the major ice storm in Jan, followed by the "Fall Line" snow dump in Feb, then the active Spring sever season that lasted into Memorial Day weekend.

Just being curious .. if any of y all that are much more knowledgeable than I.. what was the winter of 72/73 ... This was the one that gave ATL the major ice storm in Jan, followed by the "Fall Line" snow dump in Feb, then the active Spring sever season that lasted into Memorial Day weekend.
strong El Nino.

Thank goodness the 18Z breaks this epic cold pattern we are in, and drops the good ole western trough/ eastern ridge relaxation period we've been looking for! :(

We have a cold Thanksgiving Eve on tap for the Mid-South tonight. Low of 26 for Memphis....
Parts of North West Tennessee has already made it below freezing.
current-temperature.png

one of the coldest days here so far before we go back above normal again

Airport still hasn't had a freeze though

and we're still running 5 degrees above normal for the month :rolleyes: still paying for those 90s that started the month

Last edited:
Even though last Nov was warmer up until the 23nd, there were actually more sub 40 lows than this year. 9 last year to this year's 7. The big difference is the highs were much warmer last year. Another difference is we're not as dry. (sorry, the weather pattern is currently boring,can't think of anything else to talk about).

Even though last Nov was warmer up until the 23nd, there were actually more sub 40 lows than this year. 9 last year to this year's 7. The big difference is the highs were much warmer last year. Another difference is we're not as dry. (sorry, the weather pattern is currently boring,can't think of anything else to talk about).

been 2 weeks since it rained here and the Euro/GFS both are bone dry through day 10

No wonder I'm falling asleep lol

at least were not setting record highs but zzzz

that said, there is a monster snow storm for the mid-Atlantic at the very end of the 00z Gfs run.. Has there ever been a 300+ hour snow storm on the Gfs that verified?

that said, there is a monster snow storm for the mid-Atlantic at the very end of the 00z Gfs run.. Has there ever been a 300+ hour snow storm on the Gfs that verified?
Yes, it has happened few times before. Just last and the year before i actually tracked couple of winterstorms that started showing on the modles at around 300 hr. So yes its possible

What a wonderful Thanksgiving morning. 23 degrees in my backyard. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Arctic Thanksgiving here at GSP ! 37 degrees! #EYEROLL

Back