• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Threat April 5th-7th

Probably for days 3-8 they keep it once a day. I wouldn't put much stock into days 3-8 anyway on the SPC maps, except for event areas and timing really. Strength of the event should be in better picture by tomorrow evening I feel.

I don't put much stock in SPC days 1-2 to be happy honest . I was just wondering I thought they updated Day 3 twice a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm no met and severe weather isn't really my thing but I don't agree with that at all. Almost all guidance is showing a fairly volatile atmosphere after the morning storms which by the way will be booking it NE . It's not like the models are showing a slow progression with the morning storms . If that were the case I could see the argument that they might stabilize the atmosphere some. But that's not the case

agree 100 percent... atmosphere looks vilotale say the least... look for some pretty significant changes by spc as we draw closer

18z NAM late Wednesday afternoon
02906d9460a3ec85b42e1bec46ee4c1f.jpg

Ok, thank you. I misunderstood. Just trying to see if the threat is going to move into ga on tuesday, I know Wednesday is going to be nuts.
Yeah man I'm cautiously curious to see what Wednesday is going to bring. North of the city usually ends up being pretty safe, but we will see.

00Z NAM is weaker overall for late afternoon, but still shows the threat in Northeast Alabama

IMG_9017.png

IMG_9018.png

Cape values are still loaded
6795caa6b4320dc1f051ce385ebe26a7.jpg
cf4e1bbc933f70182f7ef88bf0df8e77.jpg

Shear is a damn mess

but but but.....they said if we get through today's event, Wed. will be a biggie....lol....get outta here!

Difference between NAM at 18z and 00z is 18z is negative tilted and 00z is neutral

Last edited:
Cape values are still loaded
6795caa6b4320dc1f051ce385ebe26a7.jpg
cf4e1bbc933f70182f7ef88bf0df8e77.jpg

Shear is a damn mess

What's the big hole over western Carolinas? The wedge?

Back