• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Winter 2023-24 Grade

How do you grade the winter of 2023-24 ?

• A

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • B

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • C

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • D

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • F

Votes: 25 28.4%
  • F-

Votes: 42 47.7%

• Total voters
Can I put an negative F for the winter... Well I'm going to put it anyway last year some mets was calling for below average temps and above normal snow for the southeast yeah it did snow in some areas of the southeast but down here in my back yard I got nothing for the third year in a row so -F so far in my book carry the hell on

Can I put an negative F for the winter... Well I'm going to put it anyway last year some mets was calling for below average temps and above normal snow for the southeast yeah it did snow in some areas of the southeast but down here in my back yard I got nothing for the third year in a row so -F so far in my book carry the hell on

Yeah I think that was part of my issue too... A lot of people said this winter couldnt possibly be any worse than last winter and yet it was... I mean I distinctly remember the prediction of 15 snow and ice days. I think we had maybe 3 and the third one it was fine after lunch

F. One of the worst winters I've experienced in my 31 years of life and that's saying a lot considering we've had plenty of trash winters. Not even a flake reached the ground this year for me.
Same. F for me as well. At least the last three La Niña winters produced a trace of snow on the ground. I don’t recall seeing a single snowflake fall out of the sky. I keep hearing about how bad the 90s winters were, but I don’t think they hold a candle to how crappy the 2020s have been so far. I don’t think I’ve seen my area go more than 3-4 yrs w/o meaningful snowfall or ice. We’re 6+ yrs now, we’ve gone past sad and pathetic atp. 😂

Same. F for me as well. At least the last three La Niña winters produced a trace of snow on the ground. I don’t recall seeing a single snowflake fall out of the sky. I keep hearing about how bad the 90s winters were, but I don’t think they hold a candle to how crappy the 2020s have been so far. I don’t think I’ve seen my area go more than 3-4 yrs w/o meaningful snowfall or ice. We’re 6+ yrs now, we’ve gone past sad and pathetic atp. 😂
The 90s were pretty bad, though. I know for Greensboro, NC they went over a thousand days without a single flake of snow in the early 1990s and they’ll need another shutout next winter to top that record. That seems unlikely, but I thought the same about this winter. 😢

I didn’t realize the poll had already closed so I changed it so you can still vote.

I disagree for my area and really most of the Carolinas east of the mountains…most of us here went from December 1989 to March 1993 without any measurable snowfall.

I disagree for my area and really most of the Carolinas east of the mountains…most of us here went from December 1989 to March 1993 without any measurable snowfall.
Worst thing is March 1993 was also quite bleh east of the Appalachians.

Worst thing is March 1993 was also quite bleh east of the Appalachians.
It was basically east of a line from CLT metro up to the Triad. I had 6.5” in Concord and legit blizzard conditions for 3-4 hours. That was also the first measurable snow I had seen since December 1989

It was basically east of a line from CLT metro up to the Triad. I had 6.5” in Concord and legit blizzard conditions for 3-4 hours. That was also the first measurable snow I had seen since December 1989
Was it rain to snow or what? I know where I was in GSO got about 6” from it, but amounts tapered off to very little just east of there. Nevertheless, from maps it does seem most in the state transitioned to some snow, but for most east of I-85 it was a sub-1” kind of deal. I was alive, but at under a year old I obviously don’t remember anything. 😂

Was it rain to snow or what? I know where I was in GSO got about 6” from it, but amounts tapered off to very little just east of there. I was alive, but at under a year old I obviously don’t remember anything. 😂
It started out as rain on that Friday evening and was mixed with snow for a while overnight. Very heavy rain and wind on Saturday morning that changed to heavy snow just after 11:00am. We had whiteout conditions by 1pm that continued until early evening. It was kinda difficult to tell when the snow actually stopped falling because it was blowing around so much… that afternoon was also my first time hearing thundersnow

Back