• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Maria

These pictures out of PR are unreal
2a3d9d58a3498c2c886cf3c64426049d.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Thankful Maria is VERY likely to go OTS vs. hitting the EC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed, although the eps is still further west than the gefs, with a spread from obx to Bermuda but yeah I feel like if by the end of today there isn't any hint of a westward shift it's ots.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Agreed, although the eps is still further west than the gefs, with a spread from obx to Bermuda but yeah I feel like if by the end of today there isn't any hint of a westward shift it's ots.

Yep. I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even though I'm not sure if it will be enough, the Euro is definitely still not trending in the right direction if you want Maria to avoid the US and/or go out to sea quicker than forecast w/ both Jose and Maria weaker, & Jose a little further east...
Unknown.gif

Quite frankly, the steering flow around Maria is becoming a hot mess after day 4-5 and hence the storm stalls and meanders aimlessly for 3-5 days just off the eastern seaboard before a lifting, weak trough attempts to kick it out to sea after day 7, therefore we should expect unusually large errors in NWP given the increasing possibility of unstable/weak steering flow next week as Maria lingers off the east coast. Don't let your guard down just yet

EPS didn't exactly settle this, if anything there is more spread and last nights EPS only had one brushing the OBX and today's has a few heading inland....but a yuge spread
1ccbc48daec855aeb195ebbbe56cf71e.jpg

EPS didn't exactly settle this, if anything there is more spread and last nights EPS only had one brushing the OBX and today's has a few heading inland....but a yuge spread
1ccbc48daec855aeb195ebbbe56cf71e.jpg

Yikes. That amount of members curving NW or even looping and headed west are concerning. The spread is as well. To see them that high not too far out is bad.

Im assuming once models start shifting back towards the coast the board will thrive to life once more. #Maria Puerto Rico = Devestated photos are horrible.

Back