• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw more snow this winter than I've seen in any winter since 2010-11 so I'm probably not as upset as most people.

I saw more snow this winter than I've seen in any winter since 2010-11 so I'm probably not as upset as most people.
You wouldn't be saying that if you lived in Dahlonega in 2014. Even 2015 may of been a better year there than this year. Nothing to write home about yet but I still think one more storm is a possibility even in a crappy winter like this one.

One thing that I don't think can be debated is that the GFS suite has had a really bad cold bias
RIP Mary Tyler Moore

Sad. Her show was very funny. She also played ---- Van Dyke's wife on one of his shows for those who didn't know. May she rest in peace.

On a related note, I'm amazed at how long her costar, Valerie Harper (Rhoda), has lived after being diagnosed in 2013 with terminal cancer and being told she had only a few months to live! I hope she has done the amazing and completely beaten it!

Last edited:
You wouldn't be saying that if you lived in Dahlonega in 2014. Even 2015 may of been a better year there than this year. Nothing to write home about yet but I still think one more storm is a possibility even in a crappy winter like this one.
Yeah that's true. And I actually saw 10" of snow in 2014-15 but it wasn't IMBY so it's not the same. I'll be moving away from Dahlonega in the next few months and I should be in a better location for snow next winter.

Yeah that's true. And I actually saw 10" of snow in 2014-15 but it wasn't IMBY so it's not the same. I'll be moving away from Dahlonega in the next few months and I should be in a better location for snow next winter.
I thought you were going back to Carrollton?

I thought you were going back to Carrollton?
It's possible that I may go back to Carrollton. I will know for sure by April. But there's also a good possibility I will end up somewhere in the midwest. I'm just ready to get away from this area. Yeah it snows more, but man it's a boring area. Even more boring than Carrollton.

It's possible that I may go back to Carrollton. I will know for sure by April. But there's also a good possibility I will end up somewhere in the midwest. I'm just ready to get away from this area. Yeah it snows more, but man it's a boring area. Even more boring than Carrollton.
Oh. I'm sure you would do well in the midwest but you would also see more tornadoes and ice storms too. The weather wouldn't be boring at all there.

I still think there's nothing more special than wintry weather in the south because it isn't ordinary. Just my opinion.

I still think there's nothing more special than wintry weather in the south because it isn't ordinary. Just my opinion.
I think it'd be a little more special if it occurred just a little more frequently. 5 out of 6 winters with less than 1/2" of snow in ATL is hard to get excited about. This has to be one of the worst stretches of winters for ATL in quite some time, even worse than the 2003-2007 period.

script>
I am getting pretty close to using the ban hammer :)

Here it comes.....

tenor.gif

script>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back