• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it'd be a little more special if it occurred just a little more frequently. 5 out of 6 winters with less than 1/2" of snow in ATL is hard to get excited about. This has to be one of the worst stretches of winters for ATL in quite some time, even worse than the 2003-2007 period.
Yeah, we should be switching back into a string of good winters soon..

I think it'd be a little more special if it occurred just a little more frequently. 5 out of 6 winters with less than 1/2" of snow in ATL is hard to get excited about. This has to be one of the worst stretches of winters for ATL in quite some time, even worse than the 2003-2007 period.

I understand. However, this will serve to make the next winter storm at ATL even more special!

Actually, ATL hasn't done bad at all if you consider the period 2007-present. Also, compare this period to, say, the relatively quiet 1950's and 1920's. 2007-present has been much more active.

I understand. However, this will serve to make the next winter storm at ATL even more special!

Actually, ATL hasn't done bad at all if you consider the period 2008-present. Also, compare this period to, say, the relatively quiet 1950's and 1920's.
I'm still waiting on that elusive 6" snowstorm for the Atlanta airport. 34 years and counting. It's gotta happen again eventually right ?

I'm still waiting on that elusive 6" snowstorm for the Atlanta airport. 34 years and counting. It's gotta happen again eventually right ?

Yes, but keep in mind that 1/1988 would have been ~8" it it had been SN instead IP. Getting 3-4" of IP was far more significant water contentwise and lastingwise than getting 6" of SN. Also, northside got 8" in 3/1993.

You guys are about to crap all over yourselves with some news coming soon.

Seriously tho, this winter has been as bad as the Gamecocks football and recruiting season.

This is me right now after hearing the news. I am about to explode.
hqdefault.jpg

Looks like Wilkes will be back soon. His Timothy Clyde name didn't go over so well at the other board. He just got banned. Lol.

Looks like Wilkes will be back soon. His Timothy Clyde name didn't go over so well at the other board. He just got banned. Lol.

I don't mind negative input but if you put in negative input you better give an informed reason other than just "your own history" and not "real history". I actually really like reading the input from a met or someone close to it but if your "informed reason" is your personal weather history, I pass.

I don't mind negative input but if you put in negative input you better give an informed reason other than just "your own history" and not "real history". I actually really like reading the input from a met or someone close to it but if your "informed reason" is your personal weather history, I pass.
Yeah that is what I had an issue with as well. Would of been better to read with something to back up his thoughts. Anyone can guess and be right from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back