• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we are hanging on to the MJO hope again, right? Ugh what a disappointment for sure.

not yet. it's still early . plus a brief warmup was given around mid month. Still think we go colder 2nd half as Shane has been saying for weeks .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
We certainly will need the negative heights in the pacific to get farther west otherwise this isn't looking good

not yet. it's still early . plus a brief warmup was given around mid month. Still think we go colder 2nd half as Shane has been saying for weeks .

I haven't given up. I will come the 1st of March...LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we get a vote to rename this thread The February Furnace?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well the rat saw his shadow. says six more weeks of winter . So we have the MJO and the groundhog saying cold weather is coming

So now we have : the rat, MJO, JB, Judah Cohen, and analogs, on our side!! What could go wrong! :(

seedpackets.jpg

The rat of the South is against us, and is 30% more accurate than the rat of the North!

He has a 60% accuracy rate. Also has models on his side. Lets find some severe or something, at least.

The Euro 0z OP and the EPS still has the second system. By the way, I don't believe that groundhog prediction. Lol. It's already been an early spring all winter.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

I would hope nobody believes a groundhog predicts the winter. Lol if any object goes out in daylight it will cast a shadow. Crazy old wise tales. Still fun to see what it does every year

Honestly, I'm ready for winter to end, rush through spring/summer, to get back to fall/winter to start fresh again lol.

It seems to me like the pacific wants to establish a split flow, but the systems crash into the ridge instead of undercutting it. Screws everything up.

Other than the EPO (which may be the fly in the ointment with modeling and with what actually & ultimately happens), the other main indices look pretty good by the 10th to 14th, as of today, anyway:
4indices.png

ALL_emean_phase_full.gif

12z GFS looks better than it's 06z run. The second system is being held back and the Arctic HP is a tick further south. This look is looking good so far.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

If the 6z GEFS is correct, it's going to take a while post D16 to even start to get the source region recharged. 850s throughout Canada, and up through Greenland are just blazing. Same with 0z and also the 0z GEPS. Can't see the EPS out that far, but I'm sure it's probably similar. Hopefully, by April, we can start to see legit cold return to Canada. :eek:

If the 6z GEFS is correct, it's going to take a while post D16 to even start to get the source region recharged. 850s throughout Canada, and up through Greenland are just blazing. Same with 0z and also the 0z GEPS. Can't see the EPS out that far, but I'm sure it's probably similar. Hopefully, by April, we can start to see legit cold return to Canada. :eek:
yeah and no doubt by then we see a mega -NAO set for the summer months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back