• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Microwave March

Here is my video discussing the pattern of the solar cycle variations and the effects of the weather patterns here on Earth. I do think that '17-'18 winter will be colder than the past two winters.

I'm pretty disappointed in how the first week of March is most likely going to play it. A little bit of western ridging and we would be in the game for a late season storm.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I'm checking out the weeklies, it still has a storm signal coming up from the GOM during the 11th-12th time frame (timing will change). It has it being suppressed, (colder air indication). Will be interesting once the OP and ensembles get into that range.

I'm pretty disappointed in how the first week of March is most likely going to play it. A little bit of western ridging and we would be in the game for a late season storm.

I have given up on getting any more snow this winter, but if we can stay cool after this extremely warm winter, then bring it. But first, let's see if places can break 80 for a few days in March lol.

Euro weeklies are meh. The control is better decent. Looking at the meteogram pretty good signal for some near to below normal weather between the 6th and 16th mean is actually .8 of snow here and near 6 inches of rain

Euro weeklies are meh. The control is better decent. Looking at the meteogram pretty good signal for some near to below normal weather between the 6th and 16th mean is actually .8 of snow here and near 6 inches of rain

Pretty sure JB is going with pattern flip and cold March, still! :)

Pretty sure JB is going with pattern flip and cold March, still! :)
I don't think that's impossible outside of the SE and somewhat likely for a good part of the northern tier. I'm doubtful we will could erase the anomalies from March 1-6 even if we did go cold

f13811a299fb0a0092f3f84cf18e7799.jpg

I wouldn't be shocked if these were too low

Last edited:
wow, Robert at wxsouth says freezes may be over for miss, ala, Geor, sc...I doubt that
It could be that some areas in MS, AL, GA, SC have already had their last Freeze.

This month marks 13 straight months of above normal temps in ATL. Is it ever going to end ? Anyone see any end in sight ? Maybe we will go like 5 years straight of above normal ? Larry, has ATL ever had 13 straight months of AN temps before in recorded history ?

I'll be iowa on the 27,28,1st on trip. I'm sure I'll see snow there, it's none stop cutters headed that direction

This month marks 13 straight months of above normal temps in ATL. Is it ever going to end ? Anyone see any end in sight ? Maybe we will go like 5 years straight of above normal ? Larry, has ATL ever had 13 straight months of AN temps before in recorded history ?

No. The old record of 12 months in a row was from May of 1881 through April of 1882. Congrats to ATL!

wow, Robert at wxsouth says freezes may be over for miss, ala, Geor, sc...I doubt that
It could be that some areas in MS, AL, GA, SC have already had their last Freeze.

Leave SC out and that statement could verify with gulf counties in MS/AL/GA. Carefully worded by him....

As for NC, I heard Greg Fishel say the top 10 warmest Febs were all followed by freezes in March, so it's basically guaranteed.

Winter is largely over as I don't think we win out against the SE ridge, but a freeze is definitely not out of the question with a cold shot after March 8th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave SC out and that statement could verify with gulf counties in MS/AL/GA. Carefully worded by him....

As for NC, I heard Greg Fishel say the top 10 warmest Febs were all followed by freezes in March, so it's basically guaranteed.

Winter is largely over as I don't think we win out against the SE ridge, but a freeze is definitely not out of the question with a cold shot after March 8th

Call me crazy but I find it hard to bet against another freeze or 2 in March

Call me crazy but I find it hard to bet against another freeze or 2 in March
I don't disagree, but what a disaster this winter has been. It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't freeze again. It really wouldn't.

I don't disagree, but what a disaster this winter has been. It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't freeze again. It really wouldn't.

I'd bet against a freeze. We'll see some 30's but I'm with Robert. I think the SER sticks around through summer. I'm just basing that on persistence.

Back