• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion part 3. Don's Winter Storm Hunt

At the end of the 06z GFS, you can see the subtropical jet at work. Get cold air down, we'll have ocean effect snow pretty much. Lol. I wish that would happen, there would be a lot of snow if the cold air got locked and that river of moisture train keeps coming.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

The western ridge on the EPS around days 13-15 just keeps getting more and more impressive....The OP gfs is also pretty hell bent on an active pattern around the start of March.
Well if the Pacific has been somewhat of the driver all winter, as in driving us straight to hades, then maybe it can flip and drive us to glory land before it's all over. I have a feeling this is the year for some type of winter threat in March and as you mentioned the 1st week of March could just be it

I'm looking forward to the upcoming cold spring
Hope that's what we get, to mitigate the year round summer that seems to be setting up. Looks like we'll need a good volcano to change global weather for a few years, just to get back to normal winters, lol. T

Well if the Pacific has been somewhat of the driver all winter, as in driving us straight to hades, then maybe it can flip and drive us to glory land before it's all over. I have a feeling this is the year for some type of winter threat in March and as you mentioned the 1st week of March could just be it

So we will March from hades right into glory...All-in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be interesting though at the end of 06z GFS, core of the cold still in Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The EPO goes negative after the 21st. The AO is still showing pretty much neutral, PNA is neutral the NAO is slightly positive on their 14 day outlooks. All the looks on the teleconnections will change. I think that things will adjust themselves during the pattern change and things will start to come to light.

Edit: I checked the SSTs out in the Pacific, the waters continue to warm. This is of course an indication of the pattern change.

and without editorial comment --

sfc_count_sup814_temp.gif

I'm still keeping an eye on those two systems at hr 210, they can still possibly phase.

Well, this is an interesting GFS run, is this new developments? Could be, we'll have to see on feature runs. So close to a phase. I talked about that last week, next week may turn out to be interesting for sure.

This winter is like that South Park episode that has a evil teen calling Stan Marsh "Stan Darsh". This is mainly about what the adults were doing though. Every time they thought they let go of those guys that are advertising their condos, they'd end up right back into a room where they're advertising. In this winter, every time we thought that we had gotten rid of the warmth for a while, it'd just come right back quickly.

Back